THE MAKOONS MEDIA GROUP CREATES DIGITAL PROJECTS THAT CREATE THE SPACE FOR INDIGENOUS VOICES TO DISRUPT, INSPIRE & TRANSFORM THE WORLD AROUND US.
The Makoons Media Group is an emerging, independent, Indigenous new media company committed to Indigenous Storytelling and it’s intersection with digital media and the internet.
Our work aims to engage in forward thinking conversations, investigations, pontifications & disruptions about the world around us.
We are: New. Indigenous. Media.
WE'RE HARD AT WORK
Currently, we're setting the groundwork to be an exciting, groundbreaking, flexible and responsible Indigenous digital media company.
Our projects include:
- building the world's ONLY Indigenous Podcast Network, Indian & Cowboy;
- we are producing two of the best Indigenous audio podcasts on the internet (Red Man Laughing & Stories From The Land);
- we are building our Branded Content Division;
- we're developing & producing a short comedy (The Bottle) written by Anishinaabe Comedian, Ryan McMahon;
- we're developing a comedic feature film (75 000 Beaver Pelts);
- and we're in early development on a sitcom pilot (Don't Call Me Chief).
We have an exciting 2016 planned & we're just getting started.